Brother printers are known for delivering highly advanced printing solutions to fulfill the diverse needs of the individuals and businesses. In order to use a Brother printer for printing as well as for other purposes (scanning, copying, etc.), you need to find and then install the right drivers for it.
But if you are unable to locate the Brother printer after installing its driver then there are a number of key checks you need to perform on your device. (If you don’t want to fix this issue on your own then connect to the Brother printer driver support team) Before you move to the troubleshooting steps, here is the error message that you will see on the dialogue box:
“No device could be found over the network”
Steps to fix this issue
Verify the network devices
Make sure all the devices as well as the network to which they are connected are working properly. Now, follow these steps:
- Restart the Brother printer Driver
- Check the Brother printer’s machine interface
- Check the network connection between your PC and the access point
- Check that all the network devices as well as the connection cables are on the network
- This step is applicable only if you are using a wired internet connection
- Now, restart the switching hub or the router
- Check all the security settings of the access points (valid only if your device is connected to a wireless network connection). To get the right settings, you can contact Brother Printer Support Number.
- Check the setting of all broadband routers and access points
If the aforementioned troubleshooting steps don’t fixes up the issue the call the Brother printer driver support Number team to receive an immediate solution to this problem. The technicians working at the support center will be glad to assist you.