Are you looking for the ways to check on the Brother Printer’s print quality and cleaning the print head? Read below to get the solution.
Brother Printer is considered to provide you with world-class printing quality, modernised models, along with an economical price. If you’re using an ordinary Brother Printer, not the touch screen one then follow the steps listed below, carefully-
- Click on the ‘Menu’ option.
- Choose ‘Ink or Ink Management’ with Up or Down arrow key from the keyboard
- Click ‘Ok’
- Choose ‘Test Print’ with the Up or Down arrow key or with the dial pad and press ‘Ok’.
- Choose the ‘Print Quality’ with the Up or Down arrow key and press ‘Ok’.
Note– If you face any issues while going through these steps then contact Brother Printer Support team to get assistance for the same.
- Click on the ‘Color Start’. The machine will start with the printing the Print quality check sheet.
- Check on the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet after it’s done with the printing.
- The LCD may ask you if the print quality is satisfactory
Next thing, you need to do any of the following based on the print quality-
- If all the lines are clear and visible, choose ‘Yes’ to finish the Print quality check and skip to (Step 14)
- If you notice any missing short lines, choose ‘No’ and skip to (Step 9)
- The LCD may ask you if the printing quality is ‘Ok’ for Black and each of other the three colors.
Choose between ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ depends on the print quality of each color.
- The LCD can again ask you for the permission if you want to start cleaning then choose ‘Yes’. The machine will start with the cleaning the necessary print head.
- After it is done with the process, press ‘Color Start’. The machine will start printing another Print Quality Checksheet.
- Check on the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet after it’s done with the print.
Tips- Every Brother Printer needs to be installed properly. Thus with Brother Printer Driver Download, it set up its connection with PC.
- The LCD will again ask you if the print quality is now satisfactory.
You need to do any of the following based on the printing quality-
- If all the lines are clear and visible then choose ‘Yes’ to finish checking the Print quality and go to (Step 14)
- If the print quality continues to be poor and you tried to clean up the print head less than five times then choose ‘No’ and return to Step 9 to repeat the print head cleaning.
Note– You should complete the Printing quality check sheet as well as print head cleaning process at least five times.
- If the print quality continues to be poor and you tried up to five times, cleaning the print head then press ‘Stop or Exit’.
Tips- Cleaning the print head consume ink and more than five times cleaning, use up the ink unnecessarily.
- Select the option ‘Stop or Exit’.