Brother printer has offered a range of features to ease your printing and scanning needs. However, users sometimes find it difficult to execute few tasks. Most of the printing errors occur due to the printer software. In such a case, a user should check for the printer driver. If there is no build-in-driver for printing tasks in your computer, proceed below to know how to install the driver.
Please note that the procedure given below is for Windows 8 or later versions. If you do not have the compatible version as mentioned, go for Brother Printer support to know about the built-in-drivers.
To install the driver, make sure you connect the Brother printing machine to your computer with a USB cable. The built-in drivers will start to install automatically. If you find the printer driver does not install automatically, check the following criteria that may work to fix the problem or reach to get Brother Printer Tech Support for further assistance.
- Connect the Brother Printer machine and your computer directly and firmly.
- If the printer doesn’t work in the above case try restarting the pc and printer
- Make the connections again using the USB cable between the Brother printer and your computer.
The built-in drivers you install via a network connection will support printing function. Once you perform steps as mentioned above, you need to execute the steps if you are connecting your Brother machine via Network connection:
Steps to install the driver:
- Click on the start/ window button and go to Control Panel
- In the appeared list, click on Hardware and Sound
- Search for Devices and Printers and click on the option
- When prompted to the next page, click Add a printer
- Select the model and the name of your Brother machine
- If your printer model and number is not listed, go for
brother printer support for solution
- Click on the option of ‘Add a printer using a TCP/IP address’ or hostname and step next
- When prompted next, enter the detail as per the requirement
- Once you execute all the steps successfully, you will have a confirmation popup click Finish
If you want to check if the procedure is giving you the correct outcome or not, simply click on ‘Print a test page’ instead clicking on Finish button. Reach out for Brother Printer Tech Support if you encounter any error.