When your Brother Printer has an offline status displaying on its screen, then it means that it is not connected to other devices from which you want to send the printing command. Internet connectivity is required between a wireless printer and your device when it is not there; you will see ‘Brother Printer Offline’ error and will be unable to give print commands.
There might be other reasons for Brother Printer showing Offline status such as your printer not turned on, an error such as empty toner or ink cartridge or Network connectivity issues.
Easy to follow steps for resolving ‘Brother Printer’ offline error
You can connect a Brother Printer by following the steps mentioned below:-
- The first step is to click on the ‘Start’ button, which is visible at the bottom-left corner of your screen and then click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Now, you have to right-click on your Brother Printer icon and then click on the ‘see Whats’s printing’ option.
- Click on the ‘Printer’ option, visible at the top of the window, and then check the blue mark is present to the left of ‘Use Printer Offline’ option in order to remove it.
- If you are still unable to print your documents then press the power switch on your Brother Printer and turn it off.
- Now, you have to disconnect the printer’s USB cable from the USB port of your OS.
- Switch on your Brother Printer.
- In this step, you have to reconnect the USB cable to the USB port of your operating system. If the printer starts taking the printing commands, then the issue has been resolved. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button, visible at the bottom-left corner of your computer screen and then click on the arrow, present on the right side of ‘Shut Down’ and then click on the ‘Restart’ button.
- Once the issue is resolved, you will be able to give the printing commands to your Brother Printer.
If you have a wireless device, then Windows ‘Sleep’ or ‘Hibernate’ modes can create connectivity problems with your Brother Printer. If your Printer was previously working before it went to ‘Sleep’ or in ‘Hibernation’ mode, the simple solution is to restart your OS and Brother Printer.
Conclusion: – It is always important that you work on the Printer without having any errors, so you must consider the tip of advice. However, if you are still unable to solve the issue, you can follow the steps mentioned above in the article or you can get in touch with Brother Printer Support to get your issues resolved.