Brother printer has been widely used by people across the globe for it has many features that are making people love it. Its user-friendly interface is something that nobody can ever ignore and that is why business professionals and home-users consider it. But sometimes, it starts affecting the user’s performance by displaying error messages and by going in deep sleep mode. Although it is not a major issue, you can always perform the procedure for “brother printer disable deep sleep”.
By doing this, you can wake-up your Brother printer and start using it for performing printing tasks. When you know the cause behind this issue, it becomes easy to get rid of it. Sometimes, poor connectivity could be the root cause of this issue. Other than that, outdated drivers, overheating, etc. could also result in such problems.
How to wake up Brother Printer from deep sleep?
When your computer screen continuously displays the “Sleep” message, then surely is your brother printer stuck in sleep mode. Follow the steps given below to wake up Brother Printer from deep sleep mode. If this doesn’t work, you can also try to reset the Windows version. You can also apply this process on Brother Printer hl-l2340dw and Brother Printer 2280.
- First of all, press the “OK” button from the control panel.
- This will display the “Menu” of the printer.
- Using the arrow key navigate to the “General Settings” option.
- Again use the arrow keys and locate the “Ecology” menu.
- Now, click on the “OK” button.
- Once again using the arrow keys navigate to the“Sleep Time” menu and click on the “OK” option.
- After this, press the “down” arrow and “cancel” options together.
- This will display the “deep sleep” menu.
- Press the “OK” button again and tap “Off”.
- Again press “OK” and continue until you get to the main screen.
- Finally, restart your printer and see if you can use the printer or not.
How to turn off the deep sleep mode on brother printer mfc-l2700dw?
You need to wake-up your Brother machine because brother wireless printer will not respond when in sleep mode. To fix this issue, follow the simple steps to disable or turn-off the deep sleep mode:
- Click on the “Menu” button and locate the “General Setup” menu.
- Further, click on the “Ecology” option followed by “Sleep Time”.
- Depending on the type of your printer, enter the time for which the Brother machine should remain idle before going in the sleep mode.
- You can do this by using the dial pad and entering the time in the range 00 to 99.
- Here, do as described:
- Begin by pressing the “Start” and “Options” button together.
- When your screen displays the “Sleep Mode: On” message, turn it off using the arrow keys.
- Click on the “OK” option followed by “STOP/EXIT”.
Resolve- Brother hl-l5200dw printer says printer offline when printer is in sleep mode
There could be many reasons why you are facing this issue. If you get to know the root cause behind it, you will be able to resolve the issue immediately. Some of the system checks that you can perform are given after which you can try to turn off the sleep mode.
- The first thing you can check for is that your printer is powered on or not.
- Check if it is having any errors.
- Make sure you have connected your Brother machine to the computer.
- Ensure that printer drivers are correctly installed in the printer.
- Also, make sure that your printer is set as the default printer.
If you are unable to resolve the issue even after performing these workarounds, then you may seek assistance from Brother Printer Support. Here, you will get proper assistance on how to fix those issues that need much attention.