Brother Google cloud print service lets a user give print commands to the printer even if he is far away. The primary thing a user needs to do is connect his cloud-based devices through a network and then do your work remotely. Google has allowed users to link their printers to the Google account.
For this, all you need to do is connect using a network-compatible device. You can even use your mobile phone, computer, or laptop to do the printing task. Also, you do not need to install any kind of printer drivers on it. Brother Google cloud print service can be used on Chrome OS, Android 2.1 or greater, and iOS 3.0 or greater.
What is Google cloud print?
It is a technology that allows your printer to establish a connection with the printer to the web. This service is available for home and work printers. You can easily avail it on from the applications you use every day on your device. Using it, you can print from anywhere by connecting your printer within a few seconds. If your device is not connected to the web, then you would not be able to print remotely. Not only you can print, but also manage other printing jobs and also share printers by connecting it to the Google account via https://www.google.com/cloudprint.
How to setup Google cloud print on Brother HL-L2380DW?
There are two ways through which you can use Google Cloud Print and configure it. Using the Google Cloud Print 2.0, you can easily setup and use a device that you have connected to your Brother machine. You can adjust the settings for the same through the Chrome Browser. Another way to use the service is to use the standard Google Cloud Print 1.0 setup.
Prerequisites to set up Google cloud print on Brother HL-L2380DW:
- The printer must be connected to the same network as the computer from which you will give the command.
- Ensure that the date and time are not incorrect.
- Create a Google account to start using the service.
- You are not allowed to print some files that are encrypted.
- You might get the printout in a different font as it was there in the PDF file. The printer might not be having the same fonts as the file.
- Transparency setting will be ignored and the file will be printed with that setting off if you are printing a PDF that includes transparent objects.
Steps to setup Google cloud print on Brother Printer
- First of all, open the Chrome web browser.
- Now, go to the “Settings” option and click on “Show advanced settings”.
- When you see an option that reads as “Google Cloud Print”, you need to click on the “Manage” option.
- Here, your screen will display a list of available machines.
- After this, tap on the “Register” option. You may see this option available next to your machine.
- Once more, tap on the “Register again” option to confirm your registration.
- When your Brother machine’s screen displays the confirmation message, click on the “OK” option.
- Wait for a few moments and let the process complete.
- Once your device is added, you can start your printing work without the hassle of connecting the cords and all that stuff.
(Note: After completing the setup process, you might check if your device is listed under the “My devices” tab on the Google Chrome interface.)
Fix- Brother Google cloud print “Internal error”
The “internal error” usually occurs if your Google account is set up to use two-Step Verification and to resolve this issue you have to use an App-specific password.Some instructions are given below to create an App-specific password:
- First of all, login to your Google account.
- Tap on the drop-down menu available next to your name.
- Again click on the “Account” option followed by the “Security” tab.
- Click on the “Settings” option that is available next to the “2-Step Verification” option.
- After this, click on the tab that reads as “App-specific passwords”.
- Further, click on “Manage application-specific passwords”.
- Expand the “Select” drop-down list and choose “Other”.
- Here, enter the Brother Model number and click on “Generate”.
- When you receive a generated app password, you can start using it when setting up the Google Cloud Print feature.
- Now, click on the “Done” option twice to complete the process.
You might come across other issues because of the server problem which makes your device offline and unable to connect to other devices. In this situation, you can consider taking assistance from the experts available at Brother Printer Support.